Â With a “no deal” Brexit on the horizon. Irish motorists will need a Green Card to drive in Northern Ireland.
Top 5 Things You Need to Know About Green Cards for Car Insurance
Here are the main five points that you need to know about Brexit and Green Cards.
1) In the event of a “no deal” Brexit Green Cards will be required when driving in Northern Ireland and Mainland UK. If you don’t have one, you risk your vehicle being impounded and prosecution.
2) You don’t need a Green Card when travelling to EEA( countries, including all EU states. So, no need to worry if you are getting the ferry to France.
3) If a deal is agreed, with the UK, Â then Green Cards will not be required. However, in the case of a “no deal” Brexit they will.
4) Our customers can get a Green Card by e-mailing a request to us at email@example.com. You can also call us on 042 9359051.
5) Green Cards are proof of insurance that will be accepted by UK authorities. It is an internationally recognised document that shows that you have the minimum insurance cover required by law.
Green Cards – Why the Uncertainty
We understand that this is an inconvenience to many people, especially our customers who live in border areas.
However, the uncertainty is down to whether a deal can be reached between the British government and the EU.
As we have highlighted above, Green Cards will only be required in the case of a “no deal” Brexit. So itâ€™s important that you keep an eye on the news as some important dates come up e.g. 12th April.