Skip to content
- Remember to choose the van insurance that suits your van:
- Class 2, Business Cover van insurance if you carry what you need for your business, e.g. an emergency repair vehicle that needs to carry spares and tools;
- Class 3, Business Cover van insurance for the growing number of delivery and courier vans that transport goods for online shops and other third parties;
- Social Domestic and Pleasure only van insurance.
- Consider whether you need costly van insurance cover for all drivers; whether you need the extra cost of covering drivers under the age of 25; and whether your van insurance covers you to drive someone else’s van.
- Consider taking out extra cover in case your van is involved in an accident: emergency medical treatment to cover you for fees incurred by others, and legal liability cover that compensates for death, injury or property damage to others.
- Consider whether it’s worth increasing your premium by buying breakdown cover. This ensures that you are covered for potential loss in earnings if your van is off the road.
- If you are a courier, consider whether you need goods in transit cover for goods left in your van while you’re making deliveries.